KPC operations are located around Sangatta, the capital of the East Kutai Regency (Kutim), in the East Kalimantan province of Indonesia. The town is on the Sangatta River, 50 km north of the equator on the east coast of Kalimantan Island, 180 km north of the provincial capital Samarinda and 310 km north of the major population centre of Balikpapan.
KPC has a number of operating pits in the Sangatta mining area mined directly by KPC and by contractors.
In June 2005, Mining operations commenced at the Bengalon mine approximately 25 Km to the north of the Sangatta. Bengalon mining operations are contracted to PT Darma Henwa.
KPC's Sangatta mines are close to the port facilities at Tanjung Bara which is linked to the mine by an overland conveyor of approximately 13km in length. The Bengalon mine is also close to the coast being linked to its port facilities by a 22km haul road. The close proximity of all the mines to the ports provides KPC with the advantage of low mine to port transportation costs.
Most of KPC's employees live in company built housing areas at Swarga Barga and Prima Griya Lestari which nestle between the mining operations administration centre and the town of Sangatta. Other employees reside at Tanjung Bara community approximately 17 kilometres from the mine.
PT Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC) operates a coal mine in Sangatta East Kalimantan and is one of the largest export coal mines.
Opportunity exists for a seasoned, high caliber, professional to join the Company with job assignment in Sangatta-East Kalimantan for the positions of:
Procurement Expansion Superintendent (Code: PROC-SPT)
- Oversee activities of contract, purchasing and logistics within Procurement Expansion Department to provide an effective, efficient service on KPC's behalf, contribute to the achievement of the Expansion Project Division's objectives and meet targets, within cost, quality, safety and time parameters.
- Plan, develop and implement the Department's annual business plan, together with the financial budget, to determine and co-ordinate work priorities, retain consistency with the Division's objectives and meet goals within professional, time, safety and cost guidelines.
- Ensure that KPCis adhering to optimal and world’s best practice tendering, purchasing, pricing and supply contract negotiation methodology and practices in all instances, with heightened focus on: expansion capital purchases and expansion service & construction contracts.
- Liaise with Project Managers and other relevant departments to organize all materials & equipment project to be delivered & stored and establish site support facilities as required in the project plan.
- Develop and maintain appropriate Procurement Expansion policy that is international best practice and appropriate for KPC.
- Regularly and actively monitor and manage anticipation with the best alternative to all expansion purchase items and contracts.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering with extensive experience and proven skill in contract, purchasing and logistic management of construction projects and procurement of heavy equipment. As a guide 8 years experience, including 5 years in Supply Management role in mining industry. Preferably has knowledge in Bulk Material Handling and Supply Chain improvement management process
- Proven market place experience and understanding of site specific issues.
- Financial skills to handle costing and budget responsibility
- Negotiation, analytical and problem solving
- Computer knowledge in Ellipse, Excel and MS words.
- Good analytical and negotiation skill.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill (oral & written) in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- High commitment to safety and environmental regulation.
Or E-mail :
If your background meets these requirements, forward your resume (including details of present positions & remuneration and your latest color photograph) no later than 10 days after the date of this advertisement to the following address:
PT. Kaltim Prima Coal